There may have been a lot of things to get down about this year, and I truly do mean a LOT! But, for me personally there have been a lot of personal victories, things that if I hadn’t written them down before, I may have forgotten!
After all, a lot can happen in a year, but what happened in my year.
Well, I am glad you asked:
- At the start of last year I had about 100 followers, and now I have almost 1000.
- I have gained almost 21,000 page views.
- Made some amazing new blogger friends. You all know who you are.
- Been approached by a few companies to do projects for or with them.
- Volunteering at a cafe.
- Beating my fear of buses and just public transport in general.
- Finding something I actually love and beginning to pursue it. BOOYAH!
- Having new bloggers email me and ask for my advice on starting their blogs.
- Doing the Alpha course, and finding Christianity.
- I was nominated for, and ending up being one of the winners for blog of the year!
I started off this year very scared and alone (*cough* hence the name of the blog *cough*), but now I see I have come so far.
It feels like only yesterday I was still 17 and frightened of practically EVERYTHING. Now, I am 18 and still terribly afraid, but I have found ways to deal with it, and have a better view of life. And hey, I am still young, and I am still improving and learning. I am bound to make mistakes in 2017, but who really cares. It’s the mistakes that make us human (I must be a super human by now then). You know what I mean though, right?
Here is to our 2017! Let’s see what happens.